And that is the lesson that Lily learned last week when she was asked to create a "Mom and/or Dad at Work" poster for her Kindergarten class. Lily chose me for her poster and before we got started I told her my title was a "Stay at Home Mom." I explained to her that I used to be a First Grade Teacher, but when she was born I chose to stay home and take care of her. And in the meantime, God blessed our family with 2 other daughters and a son, so now Mommy takes care of 4 kids. Then we sat down together and came up with a list of things that I do for them. Lily had some really great ideas and she came up with 10 things that she wanted to include on her poster. We took pictures for each of her ideas, and then she wanted to write the sentences to go with each picture. At the top we included the sentence, "My Mommy stays at home and takes care of us. She...
1. cooks and feeds us
2. cleans
3. does the laundry
4. makes us feel better
5. plays with us
6. helps with homework
7. reads to us
8. tucks us in bed
9. drives us around
10. gives us baths
She was so excited about this project and wanted to mat her pictures in rainbow colors! (She will be great at scrap booking!) Here is Lily with the finished poster:
She worked so very hard on it and was proud to show it off to her teacher and friends! I loved working on this with you, Lily, and am so blessed to be a Stay at Home Mommy. I can't imagine doing anything else!She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. Proverbs 31:27-28






4 comments:
I love Lily's poster. She did a great job! You are such a wonderful mommy!
You can tell how excited she is about her poster. That is so sweet how happy she is for you being her mommy and noticing all you do for her. You are truly blessed with an adorable and sweet family! Good Job Lily!!!!!!!!!!!
You are so blessed to be a stay at home mom! I know you enjoy every minute! Lily will make a great scrapbook buddy!
This is so sweet! Lily is so thoughtful and you are the best mommy!!!
Post a Comment