CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 25, 2008

Last week was a LOOOOONG week...

I can't believe that 10 days have gone by without a new post! Last week was a very long week. On Thursday Aug. 14th, I went in to see my OB because my incision wasn't healing on the right side (there was a stitch coming out and it looked infected.) Dr. Vick removed about a 3 inch stitch that hadn't dissolved and then the nurse took a culture of the infected area. When I went in for my 6 week postpartum visit on Monday 8/18 I was told that my culture came back positive for Staph Infection. I was shocked and scared! They put me on a strong antibiotic (as strong as I can take with breastfeeding) and told me to get lots of rest. I tried my best last week to rest, but it is so very hard with taking care of 4 small children, and my personality is to keep going and going and going... But, there were SO many people praying for me last week--I could feel the prayers, because slowly every day I was able to find a little bit more time to rest and still spend time with the kids and get some things done around the house in between running Lily and Maddy to their different activities. Then on Friday 8/22 I had to take Parker to Children's Hospital for a Milk Scan. A Milk Scan is a test for Reflux. He wasn't allowed to eat after 3 am, and we had to be there at 6:30 am to check in. Parker cried from 6:15 until 7:00 when he was finally able to drink his bottle. They put a radioactive tracer in his bottle mixed with breastmilk. Then he had to lay on a table for an hour while they took pictures of his tummy. He did not like that one bit! He cried for almost the entire hour. It was breaking my heart because I couldn't pick him up and comfort him! Then after the hour I had to walk him around the hospital for an hour and then bring him back for 2 more pictures to see how fast his tummy emptied out the milk. Needless to say we were both exhausted after that! Hopefully we will hear of the results from Dr. Feld today and our questions will be answered. I will post as soon as I hear something. I am thankful last week is behind us...
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:2-4

1 comment:

mommy2alex said...

Oh my goodness Jenny! I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with all of this, but I know that Jonathan is a huge help - I just hate that I'm not there! I would SO make you rest!!
BIG {{HUGS}} to all of you - miss you and love you all to pieces!!