CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Lily's 5th Birthday...

Thursday, August 7th, was Lily Marie's 5th Birthday! Wow...how time has flown. I can't believe she is already 5! It seems like yesterday that we were bringing her home from the hospital. Lily is really starting to understand what Birthdays are all about, and couldn't wait for her special day. She was so excited on the day of her Birthday that she woke up at 6:30 am! Lily got to go shopping with Grandmother and cousin Anna, and enjoyed a Birthday lunch at Ruby Tuesday with Gramps, Grandmother, Maddy, Uncle Tony, Aunt Kandy, Anna, and Adam. I fixed her favorite food for supper: Cheez-It Chicken and potato casserole, and I made her a special rainbow cake:
We had a small birthday celebration at our house (just the 6 of us!) and enjoyed singing Happy Birthday to Lily, watching her make a wish and blowing out her five, pink candles:

Lily has been enjoying all of the cards coming for her through the mail. She gets the biggest smile on her face and asks, "Another one...for me?" It is the cutest thing. And we had to laugh when she thought that the Toys R Us gift card from Uncle Danny was a "credit card." Lily had so much fun opening up her presents from Uncle Andy, Aunt Jonnelle, and Alex. There were TONS of fun crafts for her to do (which is Lily's favorite thing!) and Aunt Jonnelle made her a beautiful bracelet and necklace. She had to put them on right away:Lily is really growing up! She was so thankful for all of her cards and presents, and made sure to tell me that she needed to get working on her special princess thank you cards. What a sweetie! I love you so much, Lily Marie! Happy Birthday!
You will live in joy and peace. The mountains and hills will burst into song, and the trees of the field will clap their hands. Isaiah 55:12

2 comments:

mommy2alex said...

Happy 5th Birthday sweet girl!
SO glad that you liked your gifts and jewelry - we wish we could have been there to celebrate with you!!

mommy2alex said...

Oh, I forgot to comment on that adorable cake - so fun and so Lily - I'm sure it was chocolate cake!!!