CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

It's a...

GIRL!!!

 A sweet, tiny foot...
Praise God for a healthy baby girl!  We are so very excited that God has blessed our family with another princess!

Her name is going to be Josey Hope.  Jonathan chose her first name and I am excited that she will have the same initials as Jonathan, JHB.  Josey means "God increases" and Hope means "expectation or belief."

Please be in prayer for our baby girl and the rest of my pregnancy.  I was told today that I have a two-vessel cord pregnancy.  During the ultrasound, the sonographer looked for the presence of three vessels within the umbilical cord: one vein (which carries oxygen and nutrients from you to the baby) and two arteries (which shuttle that waste back to you, to be processed and disposed of by your kidneys). Instead of those three vessels, our baby girls's umbilical cord has only two: one vein and one artery. 

I have the most wonderful Doctor and he reassured me that our precious Josey appears to be developing well and that the only women this would cause serious issue with are those that go through Labor and Delivery.  Since I will have a C-Section, we don't have reason to worry about the stress that would be put on our baby during labor.  He is just going to monitor her growth very carefully to make sure she continues to gain weight and that her organs (especially kidneys) continue to develop. Today her weight measured right on schedule and all of her organs are functioning perfectly.  Praise the LORD!  Our next appointment is in 4 weeks and we will have another ultrasound to see our sweet blessing from above.  Pray that God will be glorified through the journey of our baby girl!

Thank you for all of your love and prayers for our family! 

Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
Psalm 127:3

2 comments:

mommy2alex said...

LOVE the name, so beautiful! My great grandmother's name was Josie and it's one that I've always loved! Very neat that she'll have the same initials as her daddy.
I'll be more specific in my prayers for her that her organs continue to develop and of course for both of you to continue to grow and flourish!!
Love you both!

Amy said...

So excited for your precious family and the addition of another little princess! Love the name Josey! This is a verse that a friend painted on canvas for Claire's room when we were going through the scare of the PDA with her heart...
"all beautiful you are my darling;there is no flaw in you!" Song of Soloman 4:7
I will be praying specifically for Josey and her development! Love you bunches!