CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Parker is sick!

Parker had his first sick visit at the Doctor's today! He started coughing on Wednesday, and over the last few days has gotten worse. He had a really bad day on Sunday. He was wheezing and coughing and his little nose was running! He ran a fever of 101 off and on throughout the night and wasn't eating real well (although he weighed in at over 18 lbs. today!), so I decided to take him to see Dr. Feld. Katy was already scheduled for her 2 Year Well Check today at 9:30, so I asked if they both could be seen at the same time. Dr. Feld said his right ear was congested and by the way he sounded that he may have RSV, so he ran testing on him. Fortunately it came back negative, but Dr. Feld put him on antibiotics for 10 days and ordered a nebulizer for us. It is supposed to be delivered to our house today and we are to give Parker breathing treatments 3 times a day for about 7 days. It should help open up his airways. So with the antibiotics and nebulizer he should be better by Thanksgiving. Here is a picture of my poor little guy clutching his little blankie that my friend Amy gave him: Doesn't he look pitiful? It is just breaking my heart! Please pray for quick healing for my little prince.

And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. James 5:15a

3 comments:

mommy2alex said...

Oh that sweet baby is just breaking my heart. His little eyes just tell that he doesn't feel good. I pray that he'll recover quickly and that you won't get too worn out caring for him:)
Give him some hugs from us - I'll be there in less than a month to love him to pieces!!!

Ginger said...

Oh Parker! I hate that, but the breathing machine should hopefully open him up. Try to get some rest when you can and take care of yourself too. Give that sweet angel some love for me.

Amy said...

I am so sorry to hear that Parker is sick! I am glad that is was not RSV. I am so happy that he likes his blankie! Give him a hug for me and know that I'll be praying for a quick recovery!