CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 21, 2008

aDORAble Katy turns 2!

Katy's 2nd Birthday was November 20th. We celebrated at home with a DORA themed party. I found a cute DORA dress for Katy at Kohl's that said aDORAble on it: (I really need to stay away from that store, especially the Carter's baby boy section!)
Here is Katy with her big, brown eyes when I caught her trying to open presents before her party:Here she is with her Big Sisters dancing (in our empty dining room!) before the guests arrived:We started the party with cake and ice cream. I ordered a DORA cake from Wal-Mart's bakery (their themed cakes are so cute and yummy!): Katy was so excited to see DORA and Boots dancing on her cake: She tried to play "shy" while everyone was singing Happy Birthday to her: Katy loved watching her "2" candle burn! She tried so hard to blow out her candle and it finally went out (with a little help from Daddy): Katy enjoyed digging into her cake and drinking red punch in a big girl cup: After cake and ice cream Katy was so excited about opening her presents and picked one of Aunt Jonnelle, Uncle Andy, and Alex's first: She had some trouble opening it, and when I asked her to see if Maddy could help, she handed Maddy the present and ran off! I don't think she understands the whole "opening presents" concept yet! She did enjoy the gift bags and pulling out the tissue paper to see what was inside. Here she is opening a present from Grandma and Grandpa: Everyone got her something DORA. We got her the DORA Magical Welcome House: I can't wait for Jonathan to put it all together! I will post pics when we have it all set up in her room!
Katy even got a singing DORA birthday card. She kept staring at it and turning it over trying to find out where DORA's voice was coming from!: I can't believe that Katy is 2 already! We are enjoying her so much. She can be quite the handful at times, but we can't imagine our family without our Katybugs! I love you Kathryn Anne!
The LORD your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 2:15

5 comments:

Amanda said...

How sweet Katy is!!! She looks beautiful in her Dora dress.(I need to stay away from Kohls too!!!) It is so hard to believe how fast they grow.

mommy2alex said...

Aaaw, she looks so aDORAble in her outfit, love the colors, perfect for her!!
I love the shy picture of her with her cake, she so darn sweet:)
Glad that she had a fun party and got lots of Dora things!

Amy said...

Katy is so cute! I just want to squeeze her! It looks like she had a wonderful birthday!

Kristen said...

Looks like a fun party! Katy is SO cute! I see you in her a lot. Love all the girls outfits :) You have the best bows too!

Ginger said...

I love this post. That sweet, sweet girl. It is hard to believe she is two. Kohl's is great for everything. I need to stay away too.