CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 6, 2011

Dancing Memories

Our sweet Lily is continuing to make wonderful memories at Angela Floyd Schools (AFS).  On April 21st she had her portrait made at the studio.  I was able to snap some pictures of her in her two costumes.  Here is her ballet costume:
Here is Lily and two of her friends chatting together...
and smiling pretty!
Her tap costume was adorable.  It was from the 50s!
On May 21st, Lily's class was chosen to perform their Ballet dance on stage at the Children's Festival of Reading held at the World's Fair Park.  Her sisters and brother were there to cheer her on!
The girls all looked so sweet in their costumes!
Our Lily Ballerina:
The girls did a wonderful job even though they were a little cramped on the stage:
Then on May 28th, AFS held their annual Spring Concert.  We weren't able to use flash photography during the show, so I took some pictures before and after.  Lily's first dance was in her Tap costume and she danced to "If I Knew You Were Coming I'd've Baked a Cake."
Her dear friend, Emma came along with us to watch Lily perform!
Here is Lily and her friend, Gracie, who takes Hip Hop.  They are also in Brownies together.
Our sweet girl!:
Here is Lily and her friend, Grace, who she met in Kindergarten.  They love seeing each other in class every week!
Lily did a wonderful job dancing on stage and we were so proud!  We presented her with a half dozen beautiful, red roses!
Maddy also came to watch her big sister:
Lily and Grace with their roses:
Linda and I are very proud of our sweet girls!
We are excited to announce that Lily was invited to become a member of the "Angela Floyd Dance Company" for 2011-2012!  She was chosen based on their observation of her dance technique, attitude, and passion for dance.  After much prayer, Jonathan and I have agreed to let Lily participate!  She is very excited to be a part of AFDC Mini Company II.  She will be taking 3 dance classes this Fall including an hour of Ballet, an hour of Jazz, and an hour and a half of Dance Company.  This is going to be a wonderful opportunity for her as she will be able to work with dancers in a competition group, meet other dancers in the Knoxville and surrounding areas, and working with professional instructors at competitions and conventions.  Please pray for Lily and that God will be glorified through this opportunity that He has provided her with and that her actions will be pleasing to Him!  We are looking forward to all the memories that Lily will be making this coming year in Dance! 

And we pray you will live the kind of life that honors and pleases the Lord in every way.  You will produce fruit in every good work and grow in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light.
Colossians 1:10-12

3 comments:

mommy2alex said...

What an exciting opportunity for Lily!! I know you're very proud of her. We will keep her in our prayers.
I adore the picture of Lily and her friends talking behind their fans, too cute!!

Our Family for His Glory said...

So, so adorable! Your girls would get along so well with ours! :)
Jessica

Linda said...

I love these pictures! I'm so thankful God brought our families together.