Now that the girls are home with me all day, they are becoming very interested in what goes on in the Kitchen, especially when it comes to cooking and baking. Lily asked me one day if I would save all of our recipes so that she would have them for her family one day. A few weeks before that, my very dear friend, Jen, suggested compiling my recipes together into a cookbook. So, I took both of those ideas and ran with them! I came up with a project idea to use as part of our Home school. Lily and I are working on a special recipe book called, "Buhl Family Favorites." By helping me cook, she is learning Math (measurements, fractions, ounces, etc.) and by typing up recipes she is learning to become more familiar with the computer keyboard. Lily and I are both visual learners so we are taking pictures of the food to include with the recipes. We are hoping to have our recipe book finished and printed to use for Mother's Day and Teacher gifts this year! As we are working on our project I am hoping to share some of our favorite recipes with you on our Family Blog. Please know that none of these are recipes that we came up with on our own. They are recipes that we have come across over the years through friends, magazines, cookbooks, recipe exchanges, etc. I will try and make special note where they came from. I hope you will enjoy them!
Here is Recipe #1 that we made recently and really enjoyed:
Creamy Baked Ziti
*from Kraft Food and Family magazine
4 cups ziti pasta, uncooked
1 jar (26 oz.) marinara sauce
1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, cubed
8 oz. sour cream
1 pkg. (8 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Heat oven to 375 degrees.
Cook pasta in large saucepan as directed on package, omitting salt. Remove from pan; drain. Meanwhile, add marinara sauce, tomatoes and cream cheese to same pan; cook on medium heat 5 min. or until cream cheese is melted and mixture is well blended, stirring frequently. Return pasta to pan; mix well.
Layer half the pasta mixture in 13x9-inch baking dish; cover with layers of sour cream, 1 cup mozzarella and remaining pasta mixture. Top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan. Bake 20 min. or until heated through.
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
1Corinthians 10:31






2 comments:
Such a great idea! I have to have a picture to go with recipes!! One reason I LOVE Kraft magazine and their weekly emails. What a blessing that Lily wants to have family recipes to make one day for her own family, so sweet! I cannot wait to see more creations from Buhl School Kitchen!
That was me above...Andy had been using my computer! But I do know he'll love benefitting from you posting your recipes for me to make!!! Love you!
Post a Comment