CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Breakfast Casserole

Here is another Buhl Family Favorite Recipe.  This one comes from a very sweet friend of mine who I love and miss dearly!  
Sausage Hashbrown Casserole
    *from:  Jonnelle Buhl

2 lb. sausage, browned and drained (I use one hot and one mild)
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1 c. sour cream
8 oz. French Onion dip
1/2 cup each chopped green and red pepper
32 oz. shredded hashbrowns, thawed slightly

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix cheese and next 4 ingredients in large bowl. 
Fold in hashbrowns. 
Grease 9x13 pan.
Spread 1/2 hashbrown mixture on bottom of pan.
Top with sausage.
Spread remaining hashbrown mixture over sausage.
Bake 1 hour on 350 degrees or until golden brown. 
Besides this recipe being so yummy, I love it because you can prepare it ahead of time and put it in the refrigerator until you're ready to bake it.  I usually put it together the night before so I can wake up and put it in the oven so we can enjoy it for breakfast or brunch.  Thank you, Jonnelle for sharing this recipe! 

1 comment:

mommy2alex said...

I love this casserole, so glad that you and your beautiful family do as well!
Love and miss you all so very much.