Today was Maddy's 1st day of Kindergarten at Brickey-McCloud Elementary School!
She was dressed in bright orange and was glowing with excitement! Up until Monday evening, she told everyone that she didn't want to go to school, so her change in attitude was an answer to lots of prayer!
New rainbow tennis shoes!
Maddy and her trusty red backpack. We are on our 3rd year with it!
She was so excited to be bringing her lunch this year in her froggie lunch bag!
Lily is so happy that Maddy is joining her at school. They are such sweet sisters and the best of friends!
By the time we pulled up to school, Maddy was confident and ready to go in. She asked to walk in by herself, but Mommy wasn't ready for that yet!
Brickey's school wide theme this year centers around heroes. When we came for the Meet & Greet Monday evening, the girls were so excited to see the entire school decorated with heroes. Maddy said that it was just like Vacation Bible School. I broke down in tears and praised God for opening the doors for my baby girl to share the good news! What a perfect opportunity for Maddy to tell her peers everything she learned at VBS and that her #1 Hero is GOD!!!
I had to believe then and there that Maddy is where she's supposed to be. Last Fall I had been convicted to diligently pray about possibly homeschooling Maddy. After much prayer, we are stepping out on faith and sending our girls to Public School to be the light (Matthew 5:16) Looking back at 2010, I can see how God was preparing Maddy and I for this day. I was sent to the Children's Pastor's Conference in January and played a big role in choosing our VBS theme for this year, "Hero Headquarters." Then Lily, Maddy and I went on our first Mission Trip during Spring Break and did VBS "Hero Headquarters" at Gamble Community Church. In June our church, FBC Powell had VBS where we memorized 1Timothy 4:12 and learned more about being a hero for God. On August 7th, Maddy got a letter from her new Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Cox who also did Hero Headquarters this summer at her church, Powell Church. She and her husband came by our church on the last night of VBS to borrow our decorations. And then we show up at Brickey where the theme is heroes! How awesome! This was NO coincidence! God is so good! Mrs. Cox is a Christian and I know that she will be a godly example to Maddy this year. Thank you, LORD for keeping Maddy in your loving arms!
Here is Maddy with her superhero, Mrs. Cox!
Maddy went right in, hung up her backpack and found her name tag...
and sat right down at her seat to start her day!
Maddy brought home her H.E.R.O. binder that she'll be taking to and from school each day...
and her first piece of artwork that I will cherish always!
Please continue to pray for Maddy and her teacher, Mrs. Cox. I can't wait to see what the LORD has planned for both of them this year! One of our favorite songs from the Hero Headquarters CD is "Love, Faith, and Purity." Here are some of the lyrics:
Jesus, I...
Want the world to see You.
When they look at me You
are the One they need to know
Jesus, I...
Want to work each day to
live and love and faith You
are the One I'm living for
May my words and my actions show what I believe
Show what I've received. Show You live in me.
Make my life an example for the world to see.
Christ alive in me, in love, faith and purity.
I am praying that God will use Maddy this year for His Kingdom purpose and that people will see Him when they look at her! We love you, Maddy Faith, and know that you are going to have a great year in Kindergarten.
Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me-put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
Philippians 4:9






1 comment:
I am happy to hear that Maddy was excited and confident to start kindergarten!!
She looked super adorable and I love those rainbow shoes, super stylish! :)
Post a Comment