CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 17, 2009

The Apple of My Eye

Today was Lily's first day of 1st grade! She was so very excited, but a little nervous too. When I tucked her in bed last night, she gave me a big hug and said, "I'm going to miss you tomorrow, Mommy!" It melted my heart! The kids and I had such a great summer together, and I was not looking forward to sending her off to school this morning. I knew I would miss her dearly! I have shed lots of tears, but have prayed for her and feel at peace knowing that God is always with her and is holding her in the palm of His hands. Here is Lily before we left the house wearing her new apple dress and watch: She was so proud of her new butterfly backpack: Her teacher's name is Mrs. Davis and 1st Grade's theme this year is "Wild About Learning." The hallways were decorated so cute. Here is Lily outside of her classroom door:Every morning that she arrives before 7:40am, she'll sit outside her classroom and choose some books to read while she is waiting. Reading is Lily's favorite thing to do, so she will be looking forward to that every morning. Unfortunately, parents weren't allowed in the classroom this morning so I don't have any pictures of her desk and room (very sad about that!), but when we visited last Friday, her room looked very warm and inviting and everything was neat and organized with everything in its place (my kind of teacher!) I know that God placed Lily where He thought was best for her and that she is going to have a great year. We love you, Lily, and can't wait to see all that you learn this year in 1st grade!

How much better to get wisdom than gold, to choose understanding rather than silver! Proverbs 16:16

4 comments:

mommy2alex said...

What a sweet apple (!) she is! I love her new backpack!!
She is so sweet and I know she's going to love learning, growing and blossoming...she's her mommy's girl! ;)
Please give her hugs!!

Allyson said...

It is hard to believe our girls are in 1st grade! Lily looks beautiful in her back to school apple dress! I pray that this year will be one that she grows spiritually as well as academically. I am so glad that Lily is a Brickey Bear, my elementary school alma mater! XOXOXOXOXOX

Amy said...

Lily is the most beautiful first grader I know! I'm so happy that I get to see her sweet smile everyday! I am praying that she has a wonderful year full of learning and growing! Any time you want to get pics of her at her desk, just come in and I'll take you to the room to get them! Love you both!

Kristen said...

Wow 1st grade! What a big girl! Lily looks beautiful! I bet it was such a bittersweet day for you.