On Sunday morning, January 9th, I went into Lily and Maddy's room to wake them up for church. Lily jumped out of bed and said, "Mommy...I feel something funny in my mouth." I looked in to where she was pointing, and there behind her 2 bottom baby teeth were 2 permanent teeth growing in! I was so excited for Lily because she has been waiting so long to get her first loose tooth! But when I went to wiggle her baby teeth, they weren't loose at all. This same thing happened to Jonathan when he was Lily's age, so when I realized that she was going to have 2 rows of teeth, I thought it best to call our Dentist, Dr. Darryl Phillips at Children's Dentistry of Knoxville. (LOVE them!) They wanted to see her Tuesday afternoon. When we arrived, they took x-rays and said that her baby teeth were still rooted down tight and didn't show any signs of coming out any time soon. So in order to give her new permanent teeth room to finish growing and move forward, they recommended pulling her baby teeth. I was so sad for Lily because I knew how badly she wanted a "loose" tooth. But, I knew that it was best so her permanent teeth would grow properly. I was then given the option of having them pulled right then, or coming back. Well, since we were already there, I told them to go ahead. That way we wouldn't have to make another appt. and there would be no time for Lily to get scared about what was going to happen! I hugged and kissed Lily and told her that we would be praying for her. About 20 minutes later, out came my sweet Lily with a huge gauze filled smile! She was so excited about her tiny, red treasure chest that held her teeth!

Here are Lily's 2 baby teeth. I couldn't believe how one of them had the entire roots still attached!
Lily wanted to write a letter to the Tooth Fairy:
Lily couldn't quit smiling the rest of the night! She was so proud!
She woke in the morning to find a letter from the Tooth Fairy
and $2.00 in quarters that she immediately said she wanted to give as offering at Sparks that night! Lily loves sharing her Toothless Tale and we are thanking God for taking care of her!
Your teeth are like a flock of sheep just shorn, coming up from the washing. Each has its twin; not one of them is alone.
Song of Solomon 4:2
2 comments:
Such a brave girl! Funny thing, my niece had the same thing happen and went to the dentist this week as well.
She is such a brave girl! What a beautiful smile she has! I've never seen a tooth with the roots attached, thank you for sharing!
Please give her bigs hugs from us!
Post a Comment