CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 16, 2010

My Heart Will Choose to Say...

LORD, blessed be your name!
On November 9th, Jonathan and I found out that we were expecting again, and we were overjoyed!  What an honor to be chosen as parents to another one of the LORD's children!  We couldn't wait to welcome a 5th precious blessing in July 2011.  However, we have been on an emotional roller coaster over the last 5 weeks.  Things were not progressing well with this pregnancy like they did with the others.  I had a 3rd Ultrasound done on December 9th, and our baby was not growing well and the heartbeat was extremely low, only beating ~85 bpm.  Our Dr. said that things looked very discouraging, and that it was only a matter of time before our precious baby's heart stopped beating.  Even though there was something wrong with our baby, I knew that it was perfect in the LORD's eyes!  And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.  Romans 8:28
Monday, December 13th I was 9 weeks pregnant and today through ultrasound we learned that Baby Buhl has gone to be with his/her Creator.  We are deeply saddened by the loss of our child, but joyful knowing that he or she is very much alive in heaven with our LORD.  He or she is at the feet of Jesus waiting for us to meet them there one day!  God is good and He is sovereign.  Jonathan and I don't understand why we are going through this trial but we know that the LORD has much better plans for us than we do.  God might be preparing us and getting us ready so He can use us in some marvelous, miraculous way.  If we can be better used of God, than we are willing to undergo any suffering, any affliction, anything God sends our way.  What an awesome God we serve that we can be used to glorify Him!  Any troubles that we face will always be used for God's glory!  God's grace is sufficient to help carry us through any and all hard times.  I absolutely love the verses in 2Corinthians 12:9-10 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.  That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
Jonathan and I have been slowly sharing our news with close friends and family over the last week, and have been overwhelmed with all of the love and prayers.  We are so grateful and love each one of you so much! 
My heart WILL choose to say...LORD blessed be your name!

5 comments:

bekah said...

Oh Jenny, I just cried reading this post. Dustin and I lost a baby before getting pregnant with this precious little girl. Even though I know the pain & sadness/ joy -such a mixed emotion- your going through it's still hard to find words of encouragement.
I always found comfort in knowing this- my baby is now even MORE alive than I am. And one day, when I get to heaven, not only will I get to meet Jesus, but also my child. I always had a picture of my baby grabbing my hand and running with me to meet our Savior.
The same is true of your precious little one. I'll be thinking of you and praying for you.

tara said...

Jenny,
I am thinking and praying for you and your family. I follow your blog weekly and I love how your entries reflect your strong faith and Love of the Lord. The weaving of Scriptures throughout your blog have been a great guidance for me. You are an amazing woman and your children are so blessed to have you to call their own.
Love you,
Tara

mommy2alex said...

I am so proud to have you as a friend, you are so strong in your faith, a beautiful wife and a wonderful mother!
I think that sharing your story will help someone out there that has gone through something similar and hopefully bring them closer to God. You are such a strong woman, surrounded by people who love you so very much (even though some live far away!) and a great example of how God wants us to live, singing his praises!

Kristen said...

Jenny,
I am so sorry for your loss and amazed by your strength. Big hugs!

Amy said...

I have been praying for you sweet friend!!! We serve an awesome God and He is faithful! Claire is a testimony to that! After losing two precious babies and waiting 6 l-o-n-g years God sent her to us \ and once again revealed His love for our family when I had almost lost hope! Stay strong in the Lord and don't lose heart! God does have plans for you and Jonathan! What an amazing testimony that you have already shared! It will be so amazing one day to stand before our Savior and meet our precious little blessings!!! Wow! Makes heaven even sweeter doesn't it? Love you!