CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Let Your Light Shine

On Tuesday, April 6th, I took my sweet Maddy Faith to Kindergarten Round-Up at Brickey McCloud Elementary School.  Because of her October Birthday, she's been home with me an extra year, but I still can't believe it is time for her to go off to school in August!  Time is flying by way too quickly.  I felt convicted over the last several months to really diligently pray about our school choice for our children.  I had even felt led to possibly homeschool.  But after much prayer together, Jonathan and I are at peace with our children attending public school.  Jonathan brought my attention to the verses in Matthew 5.  You are the light of the world.  A city on a hill cannot be hidden.  Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl.  Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.  In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven. (vs.14-16)   We do not believe that all the light should be taken out of the darkness.  Right around the time Kindergarten Round-Up was approaching, I was finishing up an amazing book, So Long, Insecurity you've been a bad friend to us, by Beth Moore.  In it she writes, "Each set of parents has the responsibility to pray for wisdom, follow their own healthy convictions, and determine what works best for the individual child." What we are doing with our children might not be what God wants for another family, but we are to be accountable to God alone for our family's decisions.  We are excited for Maddy as she begins a new journey in her life.  Please join me in praying for her and that her light will shine brightly in the darkness.  And may God receive ALL the glory!!!
I love you Maddy!
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.  Acts1:8

2 comments:

mommy2alex said...

I just love you and Jonathan pray together, I'm sure it's such an inspiration to your children! Maddy is very lucky to have both of you praying for her future, considering all of the options (as are her sisters and brother!). It will be an exciting year for her, going to school with Lily will be fun for both of them!!

Amy said...

Thank you so much for your encouraging words! Terry and I have also prayerfully considered what is best for Clayton, and we too feel like God has plans for him to let his light shine in public school! God has already been so sweet to give Clayton opportunities to be a light to his classmates. One of the sweetest moments this year was to hear him pray for a classmate that was struggling with making good choices in class! I will pray that your sweet girls are mightily used by God for His glory! Love you all! Can't wait to love on Maddy at school!