CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 1, 2010

All Creatures Great and Small

the LORD God made them all!
I love having all 4 of my sweeties home together.  The kids and I are enjoying our long Spring Break by taking a break from our normal busy routines and spending time just being together.  There is no pressure to be anywhere at a given time and we can wake up and decide what we are going to do for the day.  On Tuesday, we decided to pack a picnic lunch and drive to Clinton, TN to visit the Little Ponderosa Zoo.  The teacher in me was so excited to take the kids because it is very hands-on learning.   The environment was completely different from the Knoxville Zoo because the animals at the Ponderosa Zoo love to be touched and best of all fed!  The girls couldn't believe that the rule was:  Please Don't Feed the Animals!  We spent over 3 hours exploring all of God's creatures together.  Here are some pictures from our day: 
Parker feeding the "babies"
Lily loved feeding the deer and feeling them tickle her hand with their tongues!
Parker wanted so badly to feed the animals
He didn't understand that he need a big handful, and instead was trying to feed them one piece at a time!
A Yak!!!
Lily is such a sweet big sister and "mommy." She helped Katy up the big hill:
Maddy almost had her pretty flowers eaten! 
Maddy found her favorite animal--a turtle!  Too bad it wasn't real!
Look at all of the hungry goats!
Katy decided to feed the animals straight from the cup!
Can you tell she is loving this?
Then she just started talking to the animals!
And I wish so badly I had a video camera for this!  Katy ran out of food and she squatted down so innoncently and said, "Sheepies, I am so very sorry that I don't have any more food for you.  But my mommy said that we are going to get some more, so I promise I will bring you some when we come back."  Sooo precious!!!
Parker is having a stare off! 
My 2 little ones off to feed the ducks together
Parker thought it was fun to chase the poor ducks!
Enjoying a nice picnic lunch together!
We had such a wonderful time together and I am so grateful that I am able to be home with them, loving them and watching them grow.  What a great day of learning and fun.  Thank you, LORD for all of your many creations, including my 4 precious blessings! 

I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me--just as the Father knows me and I know the Father--and I lay down my life for the sheep. 
John 10:14

1 comment:

mommy2alex said...

What a wonderful day! I love to see how happy they are and it shows that they had a great time!
Katy is SO sweet talking to the animals!