CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 15, 2010

Melt My Heart

We were so busy at home last week doing lots of fun things for Valentine's Day like crafts, baking, and studying Bible lessons on love.  I wanted to share a craft that I found in Family Fun magazine that I did with Maddy and Katy this week.  It is a favorite of mine and we did this same craft 2 years ago for Lily's Valentine's.  You don't need to buy anything special for this craft so it can be done anytime.  Maddy and Katy were so excited to get started: 
I preheated the oven to 250 degrees and got the girls busy looking through our crayon boxes for broken crayons and peeling the paper off:
Then they placed all of the broken pieces in the heart shaped muffin pan.  (You can use any shape pan and make sure to pile it high.):
Then place the muffin pan on a baking sheet to catch any spills.  Put the pan in the oven for about 15 minutes or until all of the crayons have completely melted.  Here is what it should look like about halfway through:
Then this is what it looks like when the crayons have finished melting:
Be careful taking it out of the oven because the wax is very runny, almost like water.  Let it cool completely and then pop the new crayons out of the muffin pan: 
Then we cut out heart shapes from paper and I wrote "You melt my heart." across the top. 
You could also write "You color my world," which is what Lily chose.  You can use double sided tape to attach the crayon to the paper heart, or we decided to have Maddy sign the heart with her name and used a ziploc bag and placed both in there for her to pass out to all of her friends.
Thanks for taking a peek at what we've been doing at home.  I love craft time with my girls! 

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. 
Mark 12:30

1 comment:

mommy2alex said...

That is SO cute! I just love that craft, so fun for everyone. Thank you for sharing the process and of course the sweet pictures of your smiling sweeties! (I love that first picture, it's SO Katybugs!)
Love and miss you all! :)