CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

He Has Made ALL Things Good!

I want to give everyone an update on my precious boy.  Parker was scheduled for a recheck at the Allergy & Asthma Specialist on February 12 and we were to receive the results of his Immunoglobulin test performed on January 28.  He had been healthy for almost 7 weeks, and the morning of the 12th, he woke up with a stomach virus!  So we rescheduled for February 19th.  We had been praying for good levels and that he would not be diagnosed with an autoimmune condition.  His levels indicated that most of his levels had improved which was a huge praise.  However, his IgA levels were extremely low.  Immunoglobulin A is one of the most common antibodies in the body and is responsible for protecting all of the mucous linings in the respiratory system (nose, throat, etc.) and the gastrointestinal tract. I was told that because Parker's levels are so low, he would 100% catch anything that he came in contact with since his body wasn't producing enough antibodies to protect him. And that it was going to just take time for his body to fight to get better. This was hard to hear about my baby's deficiency, but I know that Parker is PERFECT in the LORD's eyes.  Everything that we have gone through and will continue to go through with Parker has drawn me closer to the LORD.  It has helped me realize that I am not alone (John 14:16-17) and that the only person I need to please is HIM (Matthew 7:1-2).  God has blessed me with Parker and it is my job here on this earth to love and take care of him and train him up in the way he should go (Proverbs 22:6).  Please pray for my sweet boy as we continue on this journey.  Our next step is meeting with a Gastrointestinal Specialist which should be scheduled very soon.  Until then I am leaving everything at the cross where I know Jesus will meet me there!

...He has done everything well...
Mark 7:37

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are continuing to pray for Parker's health!

mommy2alex said...

Oh Jenny, I hate hear that his levels are so low, but your positive attitude and putting it in God's hands are a blessing!
Please give sweet Parker big hugs from his cousin and me! We love you all so much and will continue to keep all of you in our Prayers!