CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Prayer of Faith

I am asking all of my faithful prayer warriors to please be in prayer again for our family. Parker was sick all last week with a cold and we were treating him at home with the medicine prescribed by the Allergy & Asthma Specialist. Then on Sunday morning Parker woke up with drainage in his ear which is normal for someone with tubes. The tubes are supposed to help drain any fluid built up in the ear. By Sunday evening the drainage had tinges of blood, and by Monday morning the drainage had completely turned into blood.I took him to the Doctor and they couldn't even look inside of his ear. We were given an oral antibiotic and antibiotic ear drops and told to come back on Wednesday morning so they could hopefully get a look inside of his ear. I was told that the amount of blood coming from his ear was not normal and that more than likely all of the fluid dislodged his tube and was causing his eardrum to bleed, but we are unsure as of now. Even though we were expecting his tubes to last 6-12 months, we are praying that this is all that is going on and that nothing has ruptured. We are praying that he is not going to have any kind of permanent hearing loss. We know that God is in complete control of the situation and only He knows the outcome and the plan He has for Parker's life. We know that God is faithful and that He alone can heal our little boy. Please be praying for Parker and that God will comfort any pain he might be feeling. Please also pray for Jonathan and I as we will now be keeping Parker homebound as much as possible. We will have to take turns going to church which will include sacrifices on both of our parts since we both have become very active in our church in the last couple of months. Please pray for the girls and help them understand why we are unable to attend things together as a family. Pray for our family to deal with this "interruption" in our plans and receive it with open hearts and minds so that we may learn what God wants to teach us. May God be glorified through this trial that we are going through. Thank you all so much for praying on our behalf.

Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the LORD. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the LORD will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. James5:13-17

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh Jenny, I will be praying for you all! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out!

Kendra said...

You've already won part of the battle by acknowledging it is out of you control! Thanks for reminding me to not be a whiner! I'll be praying for you, Parker and the rest of your sweet family! Please keep your "faithful followers" posted! ~Kendra

mommy2alex said...

Jenny, I will say many prayers for all of you! I wish I was there to help, but if there's anything I can do please let me know!
I love you all and miss you very much!