On April 18th, I signed Maddy up for the Halls Flag Football Cheerleading Squad. She takes gymnastics at Premier Athletics in West Knoxville where they also practice for Sharks Cheerleading, so she has been asking to be a cheerleader for several months. I was never a cheerleader myself, so this is all new to me, but she is really excited about it, so I am really excited for her! Friday, June 5th, she had Cheer Camp at Halls High School where the HHS Cheerleaders worked with them for 2 hours on cheers for offense, defense, and anytime, and they even taught them a couple of cheer dances! They were given a Red Devils cheer T-shirt to wear so they would all match:
All we had were denim shorts to fit her little body, but I am hoping to find some cute cheer shorts for her real soon! Maddy had lots of fun, but she was so serious about trying to learn all of the cheers (I think there were 12 different ones!) that she was forgetting to smile! 
.jpg)
Once she started catching on to the cheers, she started really enjoying it and having fun:
Her favorite part (besides playing Duck Duck Goose with the HS cheerleaders!) was learning the moves to the cheer dances.
She really got into the twisting during the Twist and Shout part of the song!
I had so much fun watching Maddy and am looking forward to taking her to cheer practice once a week this summer starting tomorrow. And then she will be cheering on Saturday mornings in the Fall for the Halls Flag Football teams. They are making custom fit cheerleading uniforms for all the girls, and I can't wait to see her in it! Go, Devils, Go!
These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world. John 16:33






3 comments:
She is such a doll! It is so sweet how your kids have all their own different interest and you allow them to do whatever they love doing. I can't wait to see more posts with her and her cheerleading outfit. She will be absolutely precious I am sure!
This is SO exciting!! Love the progression of concentration to having fun and dancing! HOW fun that they're getting real outfits, what a precious cheerleader she is:)
Love these pictures! I can't wait to watch the girls cheer!
Post a Comment