CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Kindergarten Isle

Lily's school had their big Kindergarten program last week. They performed for all of the families on the night of Tuesday, March 3rd, which was the same night of the Dora show that Katy and I had tickets for! I was so sad that I had to miss Lily's program, but her teacher, Mrs. Bounds, was so sweet to call and invite me to come watch it on Thursday the 5th while they performed for the students. I was so excited that I wasn't going to miss it after all! Their program was called "Kindergarten Isle" and it was like Gilligan's Island. They went through the school year and performed a different song with motions for each month August through May. Here is a picture of the entire Kindergarten (there are NINE classes!): Each time they started a new month a child would walk across the stage with a special banner. Then for each song, one child from each of the nine Kindergarten classes got to come forward and perform. Here is the sign for February:and the song for February was "Do You Love Me?" Here she is walking up the stage with her big cupid heart, so excited to perform!:She did so well! Here she is performingand doing the "mashed potato!"Lily's friend Gracie performed to "Surfin' USA" and here she is waxin' down her surfboard!: After they went through all of the months, the Kindergarten teachers came out and performed! They did a routine to "Footloose," and it was so good! They were all dressed like the eighties! Lily's teacher, Mrs. Bounds, is the one in the first row on the left:I had such a great time and was so proud of Lily! It was a wonderful program and I am so glad I got to see it. I love you Lily!

A heart at peace gives life to the body. Proverbs 14:30a

2 comments:

mommy2alex said...

That's the cutest cupid ever!!
SO glad that you were able to see the performance, very exciting!
So proud of Lily being able to get up in front of all of those people, such a brave girl!

Amy said...

I LOVED watching Lily perform! Her smile is contagious! She is a precious girl! I know you are very proud of her!