CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Paint My World With Love

February was Lily's month for our special Mother-Daughter outing. So yesterday, Feb. 28th, Lily and I spent the afternoon together at Liza Moz' Pottery for some painting fun. She had heard all about it from Maddy and she was so excited. Lily couldn't believe there were so many pieces of pottery to choose from, but as soon as she started looking, she knew immediately what she wanted. She picked out a cute, little unicorn to paint: Then she was able to choose 4 different colors of paint, and she chose speckled pink, rose, turquoise, and purple. Lily enjoyed painting her unicorn and really took her time, making sure to paint everything with 3 coats of paint just like she was told! It was so nice to get a chance to talk to her one on one without any interruptions. We talked all about school, her friends, dance, Sparks, and how much she loves Jesus! She is really growing up! Lily let me help her paint some, and she was so proud of her finished product: We will get to go pick it up next Saturday after it has been fired and glazed.
I am so happy that we got to spend time together painting, Lily! I love you so much and can't wait for our next outing together!

Let love and faithfulness never leave you. Write them on the tablet of your heart. Proverbs 3:3

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I bet she had so much fun spending that special one-on-one time with you Jenny! Make sure you post a pic of the finished product!

mommy2alex said...

What a fun day!!
I love Lily's unicorn, so beautiful just like her!!!