CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Itchy, Itchy Spots

My sweet, little Parker broke out in a rash on January 17th. At first we thought it was eczema because he had several raised patches and his forehead was so dry, but then we kept watching him rub it with the back of his hands. And then if you were holding him, he would constantly rub his forehead and nose into your arm and chest. Then it started forming right around his mouth:and he was sleeping horribly. I knew something wasn't right, so I went with my Mommy Instinct and took him into the Dr. last Wednesday. He indeed had an allergic reaction to something, but it was going to be hard determining exactly what it was. He was started on an antihistamine and a cream and we began to see improvements by Thursday night. He actually slept through the night (11 1/2 hours without a peep!) Thursday night and Friday night. But then when I was giving him a bath Saturday evening, I noticed that his back was breaking out again:So Monday morning I called the Doctor again and they wanted to see him today to have blood drawn for allergy testing. Since school was out for snow, I had all the girls with me and I was a little nervous about how they would do watching Parker get his blood drawn. They were worried to death, but were so very brave! Here is my boy with his arm bandaged up: We should know something in about 3 days or so whether or not he has any allergies. Please pray that we will get some answers and Parker to not be too uncomfortable.


I love the LORD, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Psalm 116:1

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Sweet little Parker! I am praying for him to get better soon!

mommy2alex said...

I hope you get answers soon! Hate that my sweet nephew is having to go through this. He looks so brave with that big bandage!