CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 3, 2008

Lily the Lollipop...

Today was the big Alphabet Parade for the Kindergartners at Brickey. They finished their Letter-a-Day study on Thursday and the parade was the celebration of learning all of their letters. Each child was to dress up as something that begins with their favorite letter. Lily's favorite letter is "L" of course since her name begins with l, so when I asked her what she wanted to dress up as, she said a lollipop. My first thought was, "how are we going to do that?" and so I first came up with the idea of dressing her in all white so her body would be the lollipop stick, but then I wasn't sure how to turn her head into the lollipop. Then I thought about attaching a bunch of lollipops all over her shirt and pants. This of course was not very practical, but Lily liked the idea. I just wasn't sure and Lily said that we should ask Aunt Jonnelle for help. What a GREAT idea! So, I called my very creative SIL and after telling her what I had come up with, she immediately came up with a much better idea for our lollipop costume! She told me to put Lily in white pants so just her legs could be the stick, and to buy her an oversize pink T-shirt and turn it into a rainbow lollipop using rick rack trim in circles. Then to bunch up the T-shirt and tie with a ribbon. So, I loaded up my clan and went to Hobby Lobby to pick up the supplies. I didn't have a whole lot of time, but I did the best that I could. Lily was thrilled with her costume so that's all that matters! Here is a pic. inside the house: And here is another outside: I know that Aunt Jonnelle could have done a MUCH better job but am so thankful that she is just a phone call away to ask for advice! And we are praying that she will get to move closer to us one day!
Thanks for looking at my sweet Lily Lollipop!
When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart's delight, for I bear your name, O LORD God Almighty. Jeremiah 15:16

1 comment:

mommy2alex said...

Oh my that is the cutest lollipop I've ever seen!!
Love the lollipops at her shoulders, great idea!!