Her Daisy Troop did so well during their Girl Scout Cookie Sale that they earned a special sleepover at the Knoxville Zoo called Bedtime with the Beasts. So after a fun day at her First Grade Luau, I got to go with her to this special outing! The Daisy Troop arrived at the Zoo at 6:00 pm after the Zoo was closed and were met by 2 wonderful instructors who stayed with us until we had to leave the next morning at 9:30 am. As soon as we got settled in our cabin, we headed out for a private tour of the zoo.
A thunderstorm came while we were out walking, so we found shelter and learned all about snakes and alligators!
God has blessed Lily with such sweet friends in her Daisy Troop. I love this picture of her and Audrey holding hands behind Kendal!
After a long tour, we headed back to make some Trail Mix.
While the instuctors were going to get 3 animals for the girls to see up close, the Daisies played lots of animal games.
Here is the first animal encounter, an owl!
The next one was a rat! Lily and the girls were so brave to touch it!
My favorite was the hedgehog. Isn't he so cute?
The instructors kept the girls busy until after midnight. We even took a walk with flashlights to visit the lions! Then it was time to go to sleep!
The alarm went off at 5:45 am so we could get up! Here are some sleepy girls!
After breakfast, we headed out for another private tour before the Zoo opened to the public. The chimpanzees were showing off for the girls!
Lily and her friend Kaitlyn who she's known since birth!
All 12 precious daisies together before we left!
What a fun and educational adventure! We are so thankful for a wonderful Daisy Troop for providing lots of fun activities for the girls. Looking forward to more!
With my great power and outstretched arm I made the earth and its people and the beasts that are on it, and I give it to anyone I please.
Jeremiah 27:5






4 comments:
Congratulations to Lily and her Daisy troop! What a great night, packed full of such fun activities and sights. WOW, they stayed up late, very impressive to see their bright smiles so early the next morning.
Such a wonderful treat for you to go with Lily! Love you and thank God for giving my sweet neices and nephew an amazing mommy!
I love how big Lily is smiling in the picture of all the sleepy girls. She is so sweet!
Oh wow I bet that was so much fun for everyone!
WHAT FUN! I know you enjoyed this special time with Lily! I think Knoxville's zoo is SO great! We did zoo camp for 2 years and Riley and I both had a blast! Looking forward to seeing the fun you guys have this summer!
Post a Comment