My Katybug had her first gymnastics class on Wednesday, January 13th, and she was beaming!
She has waited for this day for a long time, and she was beside herself when the time finally arrived! She was so proud of the "favorite blue" leotard that Maddy let her borrow:
Katy told everyone we saw that she was going to "nastics!" That is one thing I love about Katy, she is not shy! She will talk to anyone that smiles at her!
Katy's teacher is Mrs. Lisa, and she is wonderful! She has been teaching for years and years and is so good with the little ones. Here she is helping Katy on the beam:
And then Katy was on her own:
Mrs. Lisa brought them all in together for a pep talk:
Katy and the girls running across the gym to get their body warmed up:
They did lots of stretching and I was amazed at Katy's focus. Here she is touching her toes:
Then Mrs. Lisa helped show Katy the correct position for a headstand:
Katy's favorite part was jumping on the trampoline:
Lisa taking the time to talk to Katy and explain the rules:
I love how she got down on her level to speak to her. Mrs. Lisa is so patient and I am thankful that Katy has her as a teacher not only to teach her gymnastics, but to help her grow as a person! We were able to make it out of the gym with only one meltdown and thankfully the class was over. Those of you that know Katy, know that she is fearless, has a great deal of energy, and likes to be in control of situations (it's her way or No way!) Although it is a daily struggle, I am thankful because it has drawn me closer to the Lord. It is by God's grace that I get through each day being a stay at home mommy to four little ones. And I realize that I can not change my child's heart. Only God can! Please by in prayer with me for all of my babies and that they will come to know the Lord and seek His will.
I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you;
I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.
And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.
Ezekiel 36:26-27






2 comments:
I'm am SO proud of Katiebugs! She did a wonderful job and such great concentration and only one meltdown is astounding for any little one! I know you are so proud of her!
Terry and I have so enjoyed getting to know Katie in extended care! She is precious and so blessed to have parents that love the Lord and teach her His ways!
Post a Comment