CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Rolling on the River

Lily came home from school about a month ago and was so excited to show me the sticker she was wearing on her shirt. It said "Girl Scouts: Discover the fun, friendship, and power of girls together!" She told me it was something she really wanted to do, and I was thrilled! I was a Brownie and a Girl Scout when I was little, and I loved it. So, on September 15th, Lily went to her first meeting and decided to join! She is considered a "Daisy," and is in a wonderful Daisy Troop made up of Kindergarten and First Grade girls from Brickey McCloud and Powell Elementary. Her first activity with the Girl Scouts was a family outing on the Star of Knoxville on October 4th. Jonathan and I decided not to bring Little P since he had started wheezing again, so we had a wonderful time with our 3 princesses.The girls were so excited to be on a boat for the first time!
We took an hour ride up and down the Tennessee River. The girls loved going under the bridgeand Katy and Maddy had fun dancing to the musicand making silly faces(They get a little crazy when they're together!)
Jonathan and I had a wonderful afternoon on our boat ride with our girls!I can't wait to see what else Lily is going to do with her Daisy Troop this year!
All the rivers run into the sea, yet the sea is not full. Unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again. Ecclesiastes 1:7

1 comment:

mommy2alex said...

What a beautiful family!!! So sorry that Parker didn't get to participate, but know it's for the best for his health!
LOVE that Lily is a Daisy...what a wonderful experience for her! :)
Love and miss you all so much!!