CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 11, 2009

My Little Fish

Over the last couple of weeks, we have been spending lots of time at our neighborhood pool. It took me awhile to get up the courage to take my four little ones to the "big" pool by myself, but I'm so glad I did because it has become one of our favorite things to do together! The kids are begging to go swim "down the street" every day! Katy especially is enjoying the pool and since it's been awhile since I have done a post just focusing on my Katybugs, I thought I would share how much she loves the water! Katy has become a little fish. She has absolutely no fear of the water and after several attempts to get her to wear swimmies on her arms (with no success!), I got her a Speedo life vest in her favorite color blue. She is so very proud of it!I love it because it keeps her arms free to practice swimming and it's just enough to keep her above water so she really has to work! She loves to run and jump in and has taught herself to "back float." She also loves to throw toys in and jump in after them. It's hard to believe she just turned 2 1/2! I love watching my little fish in the water and can't wait to get her into swim lessons this winter when she turns 3!

As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. Psalm 42:1-2

3 comments:

Amy said...

Katy is precious! This is how swimming begins- a true love for the water! She will enjoy swim lessons!

Tracy Grooms said...

Look at that sweet girl go! Yay Katy! Such a big girl!

Kristen said...

You are VERY brave! 4 kids at the pool-wow! I can't believe how well Katy is in the water! She is going to be a great swimmer!